Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We Overheard Isabelle Saying...

Is that God? (while looking at a picture of Herman Melville at the library)

Horray for Istanbul! Mommy, I'm going to Istanbul all by myself on the plane. (driving to Anika's 3rd birthday party)

This is really good pasta! Thank you for cooking it, Daddy. (at the dinner table)

I'm almost tall! (at the doctor's office... we measure her while we're waiting for the pediatrician to remove the earring sticker she lodged in her ear canal)

Mommy, I'm so glad you're enjoying this picnic. (while we're sitting on a blanket in the kitchen having an unusual spaghetti and turkeyball picnic)

Anika has walking pneumonia. I have running pneumonia!

So, how was pre-school today? (while crossing her arms at the kitchen table talking to Nana and Grampi)

Where is God? Where is Mickey? Is Mickey a girl? (Mickey was our cat who died
before Isabelle turned one)

Daddy, why you say no when I want to go to basketball? (I decide we're going to cheer Daddy on at Tues night basketball, but--and I quote--"Please don't come. No other wives ever come." So, we came.)


I'm the teacher.

I want to put kitty in the washing machine.


I like listening to Grampi sing. (while listening to Frank Sinatra in the car)

Are you f*%$@! kidding me??? (immediately following Auntie Rory's visit)

Why is there a dead bird in my playhouse?

I want to go to the pool! (every day)

I want you to be right back. (when she wants to stay in the car after we've arrived somewhere)

Can you help me make an "S"?

Mommy, you're so (long pause while I anticipate words like beautiful and precious) enormous. (after I whispered "I love you" in her ear)

We had a car accident. I hurt my knee. Daddy wasn't wearing his seat belt. I was strapped in my car seat. Mommy was driving. Mommy had seat belt on. I was in my car seat. The car flipped. We went in the ambulance.
(to the random mother on the playground)

No comments: